Blog

Greytness v2.5 Released

August 5th, 2011

Greytness 2.5 Logo
We’re excited to release Greytness v2.5, the latest version of our extremely popular DNN skin
…and it’s still FREE!

Visit the demo site to download.

Features

Native DNN 6 Containers

We’ve updated the containers to support the new DNN 6 “Manage” button.

Don’t worry, they maintain full DNN 5 compatiblity too!

Updated h1-h6 Styles

We’ve updated the header (h1-h6) sytles to better handle wrapping module titles.

z-index Bug Fixes

People love to modify Greytness to their unique needs. We make customization super easy with fully commented CSS files.

And more…

Check out the Greytness demo site to view a full list of features.

btn_downoad
Download at the Greytness Demo site

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
Greytness by Adammer LLC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license is available at http://www.adammer.com/legal/eula/.

1. July 24th, 2013 at 08:27 | #1

Hello there,
    First let me say thanks for providing this free resource for us to use.

I know there have not been any updates to this skin in some time, however, I am hoping you could help me with a couple of problems.

The main issue we are having is that we are unable to get the overflow property to work on the skin. On our site, statsoft.com, when shrinking the size of the window, does not allow scroll bars to appear. When I use the inspector tool in Chrome, it indicates that there is a property being set:

However, I cannot find anywhere where the overflow setting is actually being set. When viewing the source of the page, the element does not exist.

I tried opening a ticket with DNN as we are a paying customer, but as usual, their support just blames 3rd party modules and refuses to help. They told me the following:

“After some testing, I was able to identify a bug that had been previously logged. This bug occurs for users who have upgraded to DNN 6 using an older skin.

The bug number is DNN-21269 DNN6 “dnnActionMenu” control doesn’t work well inside block with “overflow:hidden” property

The issue you are encountering is related to skin incompatibility that is caused by your older skin.

This bug has been fixed with DNN 7 and later. Therefore, we recommend that you upgrade your DotNetNuke site to the latest version. However, you will need to update your skin before you can upgrade to the latest version because of compatibility issues. ”

We have updated to the latest version of DNN and the issue still is there, so they are implying something needs changed in the skin.

Any help you could provide on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

• July 24th, 2013 at 08:52 | #2

Hi @Robbie,
      After looking at your site, it looks as though someone or some code has added style="overflow-x: hidden;" to the <html> element. This is causing your scrolling issue. If you view the HTML source you can see it. I don’t know where this is being set but the skin does not control the <html> element.

Let me know if you find a fix or if I can be of any further assistance.

2. July 25th, 2013 at 08:08 | #3

Yes, that is the exact response I had to DNN. Of course instead of addressing the problem, they just tried to blame the skin and said they don’t troubleshoot 3rd party skins.

I like the way you phrased it and I am going to use that verbiage in re-opening the ticket to insist they address the issue.

Though the interesting thing I found, was that I could see the overflow-x attribute when using the inspect element function in Chrome, but when I viewed the source, it did not show up. What browser did you use to view the source?

• July 25th, 2013 at 09:59 | #4

Hi @Robbie,

It took a little time to track this down. You owe me a coffee :-) Your issue +is+ caused by a 3rd party module. Most likely it is your menu module provider.

This javascript file:

Line 115:
      if(settings.tabLocation === 'right') {
      obj.css({ 'right': '-' + properties.containerWidth});
      settings.tabHandle.css({'left' : '-' + properties.tabWidth});
      $('html').css('overflow-x', 'hidden');
      }

This is the JavaScript that is adding the style to the <html> element. I’d recommend commenting out the offending line like this: /*$('html').css('overflow-x', 'hidden');*/ and check for unintended bugs.

I hope this helps. And be sure to let DNN support know you found the fix so they can add it to their database and help future and current clients that much faster.

Let me know how this works for you.

3. July 25th, 2013 at 14:16 | #5

Adam, I should have checked back here sooner, but DNN just provided the same solution. It was indeed that js file that was adding the attribute. Its the script that powers the slide out ‘Contact’ button the right edge of the screen. I just changed the value to ‘auto’ and it seems to be functioning correctly in all browsers.

4. Hasan
    March 13th, 2014 at 08:27 | #6

I can’t use bold and italic function on the texs when I used Greytness v2.5. How can I solve this problem?

• March 13th, 2014 at 09:00 | #7

Hi @Hasan,

Greytness is fully compatible with all DNN editors. Can you share a URL that I can look at so I can see why and aren’t working for you? If you prefer to send directly to me please use our contact form.

Adam