Blog

Adammer releases Greytness 2.0

November 23rd, 2009

Greytness 2.0 Logo

About Greytness

As its name suggests, Greytness is a single color grey skin with 2 Themes (Standard and Winter). It includes 24 containers which can be arranged with great flexibility in its 21 panes. Greytness is written in valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional, valid CSS 3 code, and does not contain any tables.

Version 2.0 of the Greytness skin is an upgrade for DNN 4 users and a completely new skin for DNN 5 users. We rewrote the DNN 5 skin manifest to support future DNN 5 skinning features.

New Winter Theme

In keeping with the sleek style of Greytness, we have created a new Winter Theme that is subtle and clean and should add some winter cheer to your DNN site.

Change log
  • Added New Winter Theme
  • Added 6 New Containers
  • Changed Search Button Image
  • Rewrote DNN Skin Manifest File (DNN5)
  • Minor Bug Fixes

btn_downoad
Download at the Greytness Demo site

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
Greytness by Adammer LLC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license is available at http://www.adammer.com/legal/eula/.

1. November 30th, 2009 at 08:26 | #1

I have install Greytness 2.0 .I find it’s very clean and the pages load very fast and I like it very much.But when I change the default language ,I find the language of the menu don’t changed .It is still English. Maybe there are some minor bugs in Adammer.DNN.NavMenu.

My English is very poor.I do not even know I have described the things clear.Thank you

2. Ed
    January 2nd, 2010 at 05:58 | #3

Great skin and thanks for providing it! Is there a secret to getting the snow to fall when using the winter theme?

Thanks,
    Ed

• January 2nd, 2010 at 16:41 | #4

@ed,

No secret. The snow flakes are not part of the Greytness skin. You can download the JavaScript file that creates the snowflakes here.

We’re using Gumbosoft’s Script Injector to load the JavaScript file. But you can use whatever technique you desire to load the JavaScript file and “Let it Snow”.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or need anything else.

3. April 4th, 2011 at 23:19 | #5

Could Not Load Skin: /Portals/_default/skins/greytness2/standard.ascx, Error: Could not load file or assembly ‘Adammer.DNN.NavMenu’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any ideas on this? Im quite new to DNN but learning … currently using the most current community version.

Thanks for your skin.. tryn to learn from it.
    Regards
    PL

• April 5th, 2011 at 08:22 | #6

@Phantom Lady,

You need to install the required menu module (Adammer.DNN.NavMenu_4.0_PA_Install.zip).

When you unzip the Greytness_02.03.00_Download.zip file, you will find it in a folder named “Required Menu Module” in the “Skin and Required Module” folder.

Instructions for installing can be found in the README.txt file.

4. September 22nd, 2011 at 19:47 | #7

Site was working great. The skin looked great and the site was running for months now. That is until today. Out of the blue I got error message. I was able to get it to show me the error and this is pretty much whats up.
    Could not load file or assembly ‘Adammer.DNN.NavMenu’ or one of its dependencies. Access is denied

• September 23rd, 2011 at 10:30 | #8

@Tommy,
      Most likely the file permissions have changed on your server for the dll file (the file that contains the code for the menu). Check to make sure the Adammer.DNN.NavMenu.dll file in the /bin/ directory has the proper permissions. Most important would be read access for IIS_IUSRS. Let me know what you find.

5. duykhuong
    June 26th, 2012 at 23:42 | #9

Could you please tell me way to show page title in nav menu, not page name.
    Thanks you so much !

6. June 27th, 2012 at 08:50 | #10

Hi @duykhuong,
    The menu module is coded to display the Page Name not the Page Title. This is consistent behavior for DNN. Page Name is used in the menu / URI and Page Title is used in the HTML <title> tag.

7. mark
    March 6th, 2014 at 03:54 | #11

hi, I like this menu as it works great with dnn 5 and also compatible with the dreaded IE11 browser!

Is it possible to remove the 2nd tier menu?
    - in fact to have no tier system at all? (as we have sub menus on every page).
    thanks.

• March 6th, 2014 at 10:41 | #12

Hi @mark,

Sure, this is fairly straight forward to accomplish.

Option #1:
      If you aren’t using some 3rd party menu provider to create the sub menus on every page, you could just un-check the “Include in Menu” under page settings for each page you don’t want displayed in the top menu.

Option #2 (probably the best option):
      Adjust the .ascx file to only display the top level pages.

For example, in the file DNNROOT/Portals/_default/Skins/Greytness2/Charcool.ascx
      Line 53 – Current Code

<Adammer:NavMenu id="charcoolNav" DisplayIcon="False" Level="0-3" Type="Hover" runat="server" ExcludeTabs="Admin,Host" CacheTabs="False" />

Line 53 – New Code

<Adammer:NavMenu id="charcoolNav" DisplayIcon="False" Level="0-1" Type="Hover" runat="server" ExcludeTabs="Admin,Host" CacheTabs="False" />

Notice that I’ve adjusted the “Level” parameter. Give that a shot and let me know if it works for you.

Subscribe to comments feed Secure this form